Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

iPhone development fun

Since I used up quite a bit of my Thanksgiving eating, sleeping, and struggling with Apache Ivy, I was only able to spend a little time working through some of the examples from the book "Beginning iPhone Development" from Apress.  So far it's been a pretty good book.  I've been messing around with Xcode for about 3 weeks now and I'm truly impressed with the Mac development environment.  The Cocoa framework is very well thought out and easily to use.  I really like how Interface Builder works, wiring up outlet and actions to code.  I can see why there's so much hype around iPhone development.  It's quite pleasurable.  The tools are really easy to use and the frameworks and Objective-C are fairly straightforward to pick up.  I've been doing the development on a MacBook and it's very much up to the task of Mac/iPhone development (it helps to have 4 GB of RAM in this thing though).  So far, I've had a ball doing iPhone development.

1 comment: